Hide Menu item from FILE menu MS CRM 2011
Some times in our requirement we may have to hide the some of the Options from the MS CRM JewelMenu.
Steps to follow to Hide menu item new Activity from File –>Jewel Menu.
1) Create New solution and add Application Ribbon to the Solution
2) Export the solution and extract it
3) open Customization.xml file in Visual Studio
4)Paste the following code under <RibbonDiffXml> tag and replace <CustomActions /> with the following code
<HideCustomAction HideActionId=”CustomHideAction.JewelMenu.NewActivity” Location=”Mscrm.Jewel.NewMenu.NewActivity” />
5) Save the file and convert it as Zip file(i.e add customization.xml ,solution.xml,[content_types].xml)
6) import that zip file into crm organization
Now your activity is suceesfully removed from the Jewel Menu.