Steps to Restore the MSCRM Organization databases on the new computer that is running SQL Server
- Restore the OrganizationName_MSCRM databases on the new computer that is running SQL Server. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the new computer that is running SQL Server, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server 2008, and then click SQL Server Management Studio.
- Right-click Databases, and then click Restore Database.
- Under Destination to restore, type the name of the OrganizationName_MSCRM database in the To database box.
- Under Source for restore, click From device, click the ellipsis button ( … ), add the OrganizationName_MSCRM database, and then click OK.
- Click to select the Restore check box, and then click OK.
- Repeat steps 3b-3e for any additional OrganizationName_MSCRM databases.
- Import the organization into the new deployment of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the new computer that is running Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2011, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, and then click Deployment Manager.
- Right-click Organizations, and then click Import Organization.
- If you are using the Workgroup edition of Microsoft Dynamics CRM, you are prompted to delete the existing organization. Click OK to delete the organization that was created during the installation.
This action does not delete the actual OrganizationName_MSCRM database from the server that is running SQL Server.
- In the SQL Server box, click the computer to which you restored the OrganizationName_MSCRM database, click the organization database in the Organizationdatabase box, and then click Next.
- Type the display name and the name for the organization, and then click Next.
- Type the URL in the SQL Server Reporting Services URL box, and then click Next.
- Select the method in the Method for the Mapping of the Users list, and then click Next.
- Map the users, and then click Next.
- In the System Requirements dialog box, click Next, and then click Import.
If you plan to use the same Microsoft Dynamics CRM E-mail Router, you must run the Configuration Wizard to configure the router for the new environment.
You must run the Configuration Wizard for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook to connect to the new Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2011.
Move the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server or one of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server roles. However, leave the SQL Server and the SQL Server Reporting Services server intact