7 Levels of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Customization
Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a product that allows a great deal of customization. This includes creating new functionality, changing your user interface and navigation methods. Most of the customization can be done without hiring a developer to write a single line of code. All you need to have is the System Administrator or System Customizer security role, or have equivalent privileges. In case of complex business requirements, Dynamics CRM provides Software Development Kit (SDK) for developers through which they can customize business logic or integrate Dynamics CRM with applications like SharePoint, MS Outlook etc.
7 levels of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Customization are –
- Database schema level: Microsoft Dynamics CRM database can be customized to add new tables and entities using administrative access directly from CRM interface without making any database level changes.
- Application level: Microsoft Dynamics CRM application customization can customize forms, views and templates.
- Code level: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has a lot of visual tools available straight out of the box. In addition to this, it also offers customization through code changes which provide limitless possibilities.
- Feature level: Microsoft Dynamics CRM offers several features for customization.
a. Capturing Additional Information – Application Customization
i. Customizing schema features
ii. Customizing forms feature for edit and update
iii. Publishing changes to forms
iv. Using the view editor
v. Customizing previews
vi. Customizing e-mail templates
vii. Replicating with the import/export feature
viii. Customizing reports features
b. Business Logic Customization
i. Using the Workflow Editor to create customized workflow processes
- Business process level: Each organization has distinct processes to manage customer relationships. Microsoft Dynamics CRM provides process workflow automation to automate business processes as needed.
- User Interface (UI) level: Microsoft Dynamics CRM can be customized for its menu items, tool tips, field level description and label text. It also supports custom UI themes and profiles.
- Deployment level: Microsoft Dynamics CRM supports custom solution development and publishing service by importing and exporting features. This makes deployment of custom features very easy.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM is easy to deploy, customize, integrate, and extend. This provides a wealth of opportunities for companies to create a highly customized and integrated application for their business helping them achieve their business goals more effectively.